Revenues Officer NDR
We are currently looking for a Business Rates Officer for our client, this is a contract position.
Purpose of the Job: Business Rates Officer
- To maximise revenue through the assertive collection of NNDR in accordance with the Local Government and Finance Act 1992, subsequent regulations and the recovery policy.
- Business Rates Officer to negotiate payment arrangements; make decisions on the most appropriate course of action with regard to the remedies available for the recovery of NNDR from billing to post liability.
- Maintain the NNDR property database accurately with respect to all amendments.
- To assist Court Officers at Magistrates' Court.
- Main Duties:
- The Business Rates Officer is to advise NNDR payers and their representatives on liability, exemptions and any other reductions which may be applicable. To update customer and property records accurately and regularly.
- To perform account housekeeping; process methods of payment; action refunds, and prepare write-offs and write-off amounts in accordance with policy.
- To reconcile the property rateable values with the Valuation Office, action splits and mergers and ensure the property database accurately reflects the valuation list.
- Issue accounts to the Bailiff, monitor progress and liaise with the Bailiff on all accounts issued to them. Allocate Bailiff payments and advise Bailiff of directly received payments and account amendments. Maintain and provide statistics on Bailiff payments.
- Take appropriate action to recover NNDR from customers in arrears in accordance with the legislation and the recovery policy. Set and monitor payment arrangements and instigate and control trace enquiries.
- Assist with the preparation of papers for liquidation and bankruptcy.
- Prepare case documents for referral to Magistrates Courts; assist Court Officers in the preparation and monitoring of cases for committal. Attend Court to provide advice to ratepayers.
- To deal with NNDR enquiries by telephone, written correspondence, or face-to-face, providing advice and explanations on all aspects NNDR administration.
- To draft good quality, comprehensive written replies to letters from Council Tax payers and elected representatives advising of rights of appeal, where appropriate.
If you are interested in this positon please contact Martin Smith