Senior Category Manager VF
Change your job, change your workplace, change your future...
Ricoh is a global technology company specialising in strategic IT services, managed services, document management solutions, cloud based technology and managed document services. We operate in more than 200 countries and regions, enabling individuals and organisations to improve the quality and productivity of office communications all over the world. We are proud of our reputation for being a great employer and we value the work of our greatest assets - our employees.
Right now, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Category Manager to manage strategic procurement activities through the development of a category management approach focused on spend analysis, market assessment, stakeholder engagement, commercial negotiation and risk and compliance management.
What you will be doing
• Develop category management strategies to enable supplier selection, supplier reduction and spend reduction initiatives on a divisional basis to leverage best value to optimise margins and reduce operating costs
• Develop divisional spend portfolio assessments to enable detailed understanding of spend trends and to determine future product and service requirements
• Implement effective end-to-end supplier management strategies inclusive of contract management, commercial negotiation, request for proposals and performance management to ensure best value and strategic partnerships aligned to Ricoh’s values
• Support the development of supplier and vendor rebate strategies seeking to maximise rebate levels
• Support the development of a supplier engagement programme focused on Ricoh’s core values
• Adopt supplier management software to centralise supplier management records including contract management, commercial agreements, performance management and risk and compliance management to protect Ricoh’s brand
• Maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the business to strategically develop and optimise procurement strategies
• Lead, coach and develop a team of professional employees to ensure levels of expertise meet the current and future needs of the team, department and business
• Ensure high employee satisfaction, trust and engagement by the use of good people practices aligned to Ricoh’s core competencies and the department’s own values
• Deputise for Procurement Manager during times of absence
You will ideally have
• Proven relevant experience in a procurement function and ideally hold MCIPS qualification
• Proven experience of a strategic category management approach to procurement underpinned by best practice techniques
• Proven experience of contract management, commercial negotiation and supplier performance management
• Proven experience of undertaking request for proposals, tendering exercises, cost comparisons and commercial cost-based negotiation at all levels
• Understanding of risk and compliance within a third party supply chain with recognised processes utilised to enable effective management
• Excellent knowledge and experience of the Print Management, IT Services, Communication Services and Media market
• Strong relationship management and proven leadership skills, including line management underpinned by being professional and confident in manner
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders, suppliers, customers, peers, senior management and the wider business at all levels of seniority/
• Proven ability to adopt and embrace the management of change and culture
• Confident and professional approach to chairing meetings, building presentations and delivering to internal/external audiences
• Good knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Oracle ERP system and capability to learn the use of other software applications inclusive of purchase-to-pay
In return for your commitment, you can expect
We offer a competitive salary package with industry leading benefits making Ricoh an exceptional place to work. A place where there is strong emphasis on career development for the right individuals. This is a role where you can excel within a fast-paced environment and succeed within a thriving organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where you can truly capitalise and build on your own experience. Ready to make that change?
We are an equal opportunities employer
Ricoh have removed the disclosure of convictions box from their application process (ban the box - http://programmes/ban-box) offering equal opportunities to all. For all roles, we will judge each individual on their skills and ability before taking into account their history. However some roles are subject to sensitive and restrictive information and, if successful, you may be required to undertake pre-employment vetting checks which include but are not limited to residency check, credit reference check, financial sanctions` check and a DBS Check.