Role: Electrical Engineer
Salary: 40K – Basic is dependent on experience
Location: South Essex
A leading Environmental Services Company providing Municipal, Waste Treatment and Recovery Services across the UK.
Our client is currently looking for a Electrical Engineer to join their Plant Maintenance Team based in South Essex. In this role you will be responsible for both planned and reactive electrical maintenance at our clients MBT Facility. Adhering to strict health and safety procedures at all times, you will be required to produce reports, weekly and monthly and you will be required to document all work carried out in the Maintenance log.
As Electrical Engineer you will be required to work the following shift pattern, flexibility to work long hours is essential (Shifts are 12 hours), flexibility to work both days and nights would be advantageous.
Week 1: Monday, Tues, Friday, Sat, Sun
Week 2: Wed, Thurs
- To carry out equipment breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- Troubleshoots and repair and maintains electrical distribution system including electric motors, electric controls.
- Install, trouble shoot and repair new equipment and systems.
- Monitor work done by outside contractors.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative Electrical Maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with zero unplanned down time.
- Supervise the daily, weekly and monthly electrical maintenance inspections.
- Conduct safety compliance inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure that programed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirement.
- Use radio frequency equipment as required.
- Manage external buildings/service electrical contracts (pat testing, fire alarms, compressor etc )
- Develop/document training material to facilitate transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance.
- Operate a variety of equipment including loaders, forklifts, high lifts, cranes, cherry pickers.
- Assist Mechanical engineer in his/her tasks.
You’ll also have:
- Experience of working with Engineering and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of production processes.
- Experience working with PLC Inverters
- Report writing.
- Welding experience
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge/Experience
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 Minimum –Electrical Engineering
- 17th Edition Certificate
- Mechanical Engineering experience in Waste/Construction/Production/Heavy Industry: 2 Years Minimum
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence: 1 year
About Ace Recruitment
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs