RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. We empower clients to move forward with confidence and realise their full potential. With around 3,500 partners and staff in the UK and access to more than 41,400 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate.
RSM’s Outsourcing practice of around 100 staff provides outsourced finance services to a range of clients, from large blue chip international companies to SME’s and owner managed businesses. We are currently looking for an ambitious individual who would be tasked with providing a high quality accounting service to a wide range of clients as part of the team both at our Reading office and in conjunction with our Operations Hub in Newcastle and Belfast. The Reading Outsourcing team focuses on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) clients so work with international companies with overseas parents and subsidiaries.
Work would involve processing accounting records, preparing bank reconciliations, as well supporting senior members of the team in the preparation of management cashflow forecasts, and VAT returns. You would play an important role in the smooth running of the team, providing colleagues and clients alike with an excellent level of service and ensuring all work is completed efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with company and industry regulations.
The role will suit an intelligent individual with experience providing support within a fast-paced accountancy environment.
Overall job purpose
To support the Outsourcing Senior in preparing and maintaining client accounts and assisting in the Outsourcing Division: processing purchase ledger invoices, expenses and their payment; Bank reconciliations and other ad-hoc duties.
- Processing of accounting records including cash book, purchase ledger, sales ledger and nominal ledger
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Arranging for bank payments and transfers and banking of client receipts
- Liaising with third parties on behalf of clients e.g. insurance companies, banks
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Produces accurate accounting records and other work set (attention to detail/quality, managing self)
- Organised and methodical in approach to ensure all tasks are completed according to deadlines set (managing self, goal/results focus)
- Understands and follows instructions (attention to detail/quality)
- Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators
- Client and statutory deadlines are met
- High quality service provided to all clients
- Able to work with minimum supervision
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Good standard of education with GSCE English and Maths or equivalent
- Motivated to provide the highest quality service to clients
- Self-motivated and organised. Able to plan own time ensuring targets and deadlines are achieved
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Good working knowledge of Excel is essential
- Some knowledge of accounting principles and systems is not essential but useful
- Excellent attention to detail
- Uses own initiatives to get things done and suggest ways to improve processes
- Able to work well with peers to assist in achieving common goals
- Aware of client needs and expectations - acting promptly to resolve matters in a clear and professional manner
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.