Accounts Payable Assistant
My client a leading law firm are looking for a temporary Accounts Payable Assistant to join their busy team. The role will be for 2-3 months but will be reviewed on a week by week basis.
• Ensuring that supplier payments, staff expenses, and invoice recharges are processed with adherence to GAAP, VAT legislation and the firm’s internal financial controls.
• Liaising with the management accounts team regarding the coding structure of the general ledger in order to confirm the accuracy of the information used in financial analysis and reporting.
• Ensuring that supplier payments, staff expenses, intercompany invoices, and invoice recharges are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with finance policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that budget holders return all supplier invoices, authorised in accordance with the firm’s signing policy in order to meet payment requirements and to take advantage of any early settlement discounts offered.
• Inputting of transactions on behalf of the finance department, providing corporate governance and financial control.
• Obtaining relevant feedback in order to advise on improvements to the processes of the team and actively promoting the finance function.
• Adhering to agreed best practices, policies and processes whilst adapting to local requirements as necessary.
• Consistently sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues.
• Building constructive working relationships with the budget holders within the firm and key personnel within external organisations to ensure that focus is maintained on timely supplier payments.
• Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with external suppliers.
• Accepting responsibility and taking ownership of operational issues, finding practical solutions and escalating problems where appropriate.
• Interacting with a wide range of contacts at different levels, requiring an awareness of own impact on others and an adjustment of behaviour accordingly.
• Providing commercial and legislative advice as appropriate.
• At least 5 GSCE grade C or above or equivalent qualifications
• Proven experience working in a commercial environment with experience of accounts payable.
• To be able to demonstrate the application of best practice together with a commercial approach.
• To be able to demonstrate experience of building successful relationships.
• Excel skills to Intermediate level.
• Strong working use of Microsoft office.
• Ability to advise on system functionality and transactions
• Strong awareness of Customs & excise VAT legislation.
• Hands on individual who is pro-active.
• Service orientated.
• Able to prioritise workload to meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions after having analysed the situation and considered the consequences.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively by adapting style of written and oral communication appropriately.
• Confident and professional approach.
• A team player who works collaboratively with others to provide quality support to the department and the firm.
• Ability to interact with colleagues of all levels.
• Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team
Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required