The role of Contract Finance Assistant is within a dynamic Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) consisting of Contract Managers, Contract Analysts and Contract Finance representatives working together to provide an effective, efficient and value for money contract management service to a number of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
Reporting to the Head of Contract Finance the post holder will support the other members of the team in providing financial, contractual and performance management tasks across a portfolio of provider contracts.
The role will include the monthly reporting and forecasting of activity / financial positions of providers to CCGs, providing variance and trend analysis, investigating the drivers of any variances and supporting the MDT with the contract planning cycle.
The role will require the post holder to keep up-to-date with changes in National Regulations and Guidance, including the National Tariff Payment System, and the various complex organisational bodies that form the NHS as a whole. The post holder will contribute to the MDT and develop into a subject matter expert in Contract Finance.
- Assist in the production of the monthly activity and finance reports assuming responsibility for a portfolio of provider contracts
- Support the MDT in understanding the impact of the national changes to the NHS National Tariff Payment System ensuring any changes are reflected in the contractual plans, monthly reporting and reconciliation processes
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with CCG and Providers finance, operational and commissioning staff
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory training is completed in the required timescales
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders both across Optum and externally
- To support in producing provider activity and financial forecasts supporting Clinical Commissioning Groups to adequately report and financially plan their expenditure of the healthcare services commissioned for their population for the contracts managed by the CSU
- To carry out monthly variance analysis identifying the reasons for any service that is performing above or below the agreed activity and financial plan
- To assist in the development and ultimate agreement of provider annual activity and financial contract plans within financial envelopes of Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Maintain finance control and audit systems and processing for reporting to CCGs and providers
- Support in carrying out monthly reconciliation with providers resolving any differences and agreeing a financial position
- Attend contractual meetings with Providers acting as the technical and financial support for the portfolio of contracts
Knowledge and understanding of basic finance and information systems/analysis techniques
Experience of gathering and manipulating information Experience of explaining/presenting information to various audiences
Attention to detail combined with the ability to extract key messages from complex analysis
- Understanding of relationship management and how to build and maintain good relationships with a number of different stakeholders
Good Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to produce and manipulate pivot tables, produce comprehensive graphs and charts and use basic formulae e.g. vlookups
Good Microsoft Word skills with the ability to format reports to be presented in a professional manner and have the ability to import graphs and tables from Excel
Able to use Microsoft Access for simple queries and extraction of data
Must be able to travel between CSS, CCG and provider offices as required
This is based in our Ashford, Kent office.