CAF - A CENTURY OF PROGRESS AND SUCCESS
A highly experienced Project Manager with a professional engineering degree and with a relevant experience in the railway sector. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to implement, deliver and close complex planning requirements with a proven track record in successful delivery and have strong organisation and leadership skills. The Project Manager has the overall responsibility in the delivery of all activities relating to the services provision. This includes the preparation and management of project plans and progress reporting and attending the Project Review Meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver procurement and contract management services in accordance with the policies, processes and procedures.
- Monitor expenditure against contract and ensure that actual spend profiles are within contract budget. Accountable for contractual performance and reporting on performance to the client.
- Project Programme compliance ensuring that all plans are produced in the required format/hierarchy/structure and contain the relevant information.
- Monitor and review contract performance through agreed performance measures (KPIs). This could include the following dimensions – payments; variations; demand planning and inventory data management; technical support; supplier interfaces; warranty claims; repairable float management; responsibilities for spares and repairs supply and material ownership.
- Conduct regular contract reviews meetings, internally and with the client as appropriate at the Project Review Meetings; Facilitate internal interfaces with client on material availability, warranty, stores and failure information.
- Prepare reports on contract performance, budgetary variations and supply of information required by contracts to be provided to and received from suppliers.
- Schedule and run end of contract performance reviews against contractual obligations.
- Working with the manufacturing facility to ensure that the depot organisation is able to deliver the commissioning programme for the Units.
- Developing, managing and delivering the mobilisation stages of the contract.
- Setting up, monitoring and management of the procedures and processes required to deliver the Services for the client.
- Ensuring that all resources are in place for the delivery of the Services.
- Manage any contract disputes that may arise and subsequently escalating when necessary.
- Organise work in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and policies.
- Engineering Degree – Mechanical or Electrical.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role within the Rail industry.
- Track record of project management experience delivering complex medium and large-scale projects.
- Ability to undertake technical and safety investigations in a wide range of areas.
- Produce detailed, high quality regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and developing a project team.
- Detailed knowledge of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment standards and systems.
- Risk identification and control.
- Strong contract management and client relationship building attributes.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Prince2 or equivalent project management qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Adaptable and decisive.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Show initiative and perseverance.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Organisational skills, set priorities, plan and effectively allocate resources.
· Willingness to continuously improve.