Event Manager - £25,000 - £33,000 + £2,000 bonus
The Event Manager will work alongside the existing team in the planning, co-ordination and execution of key projects.
Events will take place in the UK and throughout Europe with a requirement for travel forming a key part of the role. Travel and events will be required outside the "normal" working week so flexibility is essential.
A large part of the role requires skills in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as registration and event planning software.
The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of planning and execution of our events and be supporting multiple simultaneous events. The Event Manager will be responsible for leading and project managing strategic events, which will involve the coordination of tasks across virtual teams. A key task will be assigning tasks, managing deadlines and updating timelines and critical milestones.
A key requirement will be to manage and liaise with clients, suppliers, vendors and venues. Also, to identify new business opportunities which could prove financially attractive and meet the sales and marketing aspirations of the company.
- Min 3-5years experience managing large business meetings and events
- Evidential all round experience of the key elements of managing an event including planning, management and event logistics
- Experience of complete project management
- Experience to handle operational matters and the personality to deal with issues which may arise with common sense and practicality
- Working with and managing event and freelance staff
- Budget coordination
- Attending client and supplier meetings and having valuable input to discussions
- Can do attitude willing to take responsibility and accountability for given projects
- Passionate about the events industry
- Passionate about customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ordered and structured approach to working
- Excellent timekeeping
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible to undertake all functions within a small team
- European language advantageous but not essential
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.