Cashier - Debt Recovery team
Our client, based in Taunton has a fantastic opportunity to begin or continue a career working within their Debt Recovery Team. This Department provides ongoing support and assistance to the team in respect of all aspects of their financial administration.
The role: 12 months fixed term contract
The team specialises in all aspects of debt recovery including pre legal collections, litigation, enforcement and insolvency action.
The team is divided into different sections. In this role the postholder will work on their cashiering team and on a day to day basis, duties will include:
· Processing electronic funds transfers, cheque and cash receipts on their systems
· Processing CHAPS payments using internet banking systems
· Processing credit/debit card payments
· Processing payment book requests and sending on to debtors
· Issuing cheques
· Undertaking Inter-Account transfers
· System account opening
· Dealing with unallocated receipts
· Daily queries both external and internal
· Ensuring compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules where applicable
· Assisting with general administration tasks for the whole team when needed
It is a fast-paced role and you will need to juggle many priorities. You will need to be flexible to be an effective team player but you will also get support and training from your colleagues and manager in a relaxed but professional and hard-working team.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a financial or cash handling environment and have the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds. You will certainly be extremely organised, with excellent time management skills, a keen eye for detail and able to work under pressure.
If you have used case management systems or databases in the past that would be helpful.