1st line Technical Support
We are currently working with a cloud based solutions provider working in a specialist area platform that supports a number of end devices. We are recruiting for a 1st line Support Engineer to join a dynamic in house Support Team based on the outskirts of Saffron Walden. This position will see the successful candidate dealing with front line enquiries via email, telephone, live chat and our ticketing system.
The successful candidate will be joining a shift based team with a rotation pattern of every 2-3 weeks. There is a 3 shift pattern, which is comprised of 8:00-4:30, 9:00-6:00 and a 3-Midnight shift. This late shift is home working and all the equipment needed will be provided by the company.
You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to work under pressure with prior experience supporting technical issues and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will report directly to the Customer Support Manager and interact within a small and dedicated team on a daily basis where you will act as a 1st Line IT Support person for all incoming support enquiries.
You will be working with customers on a Live Chat service to ensure they are given the best level of service possible and handle both telephone and email enquiries ensuring they are communicated with other teams if required.
- A strong knowledge of PC hardware, the Windows platform and application support.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to act as a forward thinking team resource and take ownership of issues.
- Ability to formulate and express your own ideas that will improve the level of customer experience we provide.
- Own transport is required as no public transport links are available to the office.
- Experience of both Software Testing and Documentation.
- Experience of using ticketing platforms such as Zendesk.
- Experience of using Remote Access Software.
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages.