An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Manager to work for a leading mechanical engineering business who supply in to the oil & gas and petrochemical industries.
This is a fantastic time to join a well-established engineering business with a global turnover in excess of £50 Million with excellent growth year on year. With an outstanding reputation for staff retention, all their employees are provided with exceptional support in their personal career development.
Due to high demand for their products, there is now an exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager to join the Head Office in the Cheshire area, reporting directly to the Managing Director and Board of Directors.
You will be the Representative for the maintenance of the Quality Management System, and you will be responsible for the quality of products and components being received, processed and dispatched.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the company's compliance to ISO 9001.
- Management of writing and controlling all works procedures, specifications, forms and controlled documents.
- Internal auditing of the Quality Management System.
- Resolving supplier quality problems with the Quality Assurance and Control teams.
- Process improvement projects.
- Training of employees on Quality Control or Assurance related matters.
- Health & safety risk assessments with the HSE Manager.
- Supporting and Assessing Material defect problems with suppliers and customers.
You will need to be an excellent communicator at all levels and be confident in taking full responsibility for the Quality Performance areas under your influence.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, in an engineering environment.
- Be ideally, degree qualified, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have sufficient experience within Quality, HSE Management.
- Be able to organise yourself and others to meet deadlines.
- Have an understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Have a proven record of improvement in company quality performance.
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Pension Plan
- Friendly Working Environment
- Great career progression - opportunity to work within a rapidly growing organisation
If you match the criteria above, and you’d like to be considered for the role, please apply with a copy of your CV and covering letter.