Gerrard White is currently looking for a Java Developer to join an insurance business working on an emerging business line which will enable this role to be involved in greenfield technical design and delivery of new insurance components throughout the software engineering process.
Key tasks will include:
- Lead the technical design and delivery.
- Provide coaching to the other developers on best practices in software engineering and configuration and continuously improve development standards
- Maintain and improve the testing automation code ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Ensure changes are made within the platform governance and deployed safely.
- Configure and change the platform according to the specifications and requirements provided following agile practices for testing and deployment of changes
- Focusing on building re-usable assets and driving continuous integration practices in the team utilising agile methodologies and development best practices within the team including documentation of changes, coding best practise and maintenance of development artefacts.
- Support the platform lead in the technical design and maintenance of the testing automation framework with a focus on maintainability, extensibility and traceability of business outcomes from user stories through to test results
- Collaborate with our business stakeholders, technical partners and interfaces to drive solutions to business issues and requests for change.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Demonstrable experience of Java and web services development using SOAP or REST
- Demonstrable experience of test automation tools such as junit, TestNG or any UI test automation tool
- Desirable to have an understanding of software tools including Maven, Inteli-J/Eclipse and static analysis tools such as SonarQube.
- Desirable experience of Cucumber and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Desirable experience of
- Desirable experience of Soap UI, Apache CFX
- Demonstrable experience of working in an Agile environment and tools such as JIRA or similar
- Demonstrable ability to be self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment