Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer Mech Bias
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mech Bias)
Our clients name become synonymous with delivering dependable waterproofing solutions backed by supreme levels of customer service.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and motivated individuals for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer position.
The successful applicant will be carrying out reactive and proactive maintenance to all site plant and equipment, resolving equipment failures and carrying out planned and unplanned engineering tasks in a responsive and effective manner.
Candidate Skills Required
The successful candidate will take personal accountability for providing a responsive and effective service and should possess the below qualities:
- Planning - able to plan own workload and time.
- Problem Solve - able to identify problems and their causes and apply solutions.
- Communication - able to express information clearly in writing and verbally, including use of the site CMMS.
- Ability to render performance with Integrity.
- Team Working - able to work well within a team contributing to objective achievement.
- Interpersonal Skills - able to interact with others in an effective way.
- Complete documentation to record completed individual tasks and plan departmental workload using the site CMMS.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship to minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- ONC or NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical or Production Engineering.
- Multi-skilled with credible mechanical and electrical experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Some formal electrical training or willingness to attend an Electrical Maintenance training course and to further develop electrical skills.
- Experience of fault finding and diagnostics.
- Experience of pneumatics, hydraulics and process control systems.
- An electrical qualification would be desirable but is not essential.
- Respond to breakdowns, systematically fault find, and identify root cause and then implement solution to prevent recurrence.
- Carry out planned maintenance and identify continuous improvements to increase equipment efficiency.
- Work with production, support groups and suppliers to implement improvement opportunities to increase equipment efficiency and safety and reduce engineering downtime.
- Identify and implement improvements to equipment to increase process robustness and reliability.
The full time, permanent position comes with a company paid health plan, contributory pension, Life Assurance plan, 24 days holidays increasing to 26 days in addition to bank holidays and a free car park.
Salary: £13.44 - £15.09 p/h, competitive and commensurate with experience and skill level.
Shift pattern: 3 shift system. Day shift Mon to Fri 06.00 to 14.00. Afternoon shift Mon to Fri 14.00 to 22.00. Night shift Sun to Thurs 22.00 to 0600.