I am delighted to be representing my client who are looking for a Component Engineer, an interest in Motorsports would be advantageous
Working as a part of the existing product design team you will be responsible for the management and ongoing maintenance of engineering drawings and design data used to manufacture products including the administration of an extensive database of electronic components and printed-circuit assemblies. This is a broad role including:
- Input of new components and their specifications into the database (Cadence CIS/CIP)
- Maintenance of information held in the database, management of component obsolescence and the identification of alternative parts.
- Liaising with our design team to reduce the number of different components used in designs and manage redundancy.
- Liaising with external component/assembly suppliers to communicate details of new products and updates to existing products.
- Working with the design, production and purchasing teams to manage the impact of changes to product and sub-assembly designs.
- Collaborating on the continuous improvement our internal design data management process and working practices.
- Assisting in the organisation regulatory testing of products and maintaining records of test results and regulatory approvals.
- Assisting in the handover of designs to the production team.
- Escalation of any unresolved issues.
The successful candidate should be technically-minded and have the following experience:
- A post GCSE qualification in physics, electronics or engineering.
- Experience in generating and/or managing product design documentation and data.
- Some knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes.
- A good understanding of electronic components and their use.
- Competence in the use of IT tools, especially Microsoft Excel.
You should also be able to demonstrate and give evidence at interview of:
- Team working.
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Being organised, innovative and self-motivated with the ability to work under time-scale pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to participate in technical discussions.
- Desire to learn.
In return we provide a forward thinking and friendly working environment, a profit related bonus scheme, generous pension scheme and personal health insurance from Vitality.
Benefits include pension, parking, commission/bonus, healthcare/dental and childcare vouchers.