Savings Team Leader
Shawbrook are looking to hire a Team Leader to join our savings team based in Brentwood. The role is to work as part of a team to ensure the timely and accurate administration of the bank’s savings and lending products, including direct liaison with customers by telephone and by correspondence, ensuring accuracy at all times and that laid down processes and procedures are appropriately followed.
Customer (internal & external)
- Managing the administration of client related correspondence
- The maintenance of customer account enquiries database.
- Handling complaints and complex customer queries
- Demonstrates superior customer service during communication with customers and colleagues either by phone,
- correspondence and/or one-on-one meetings
- To promote best practice and enhancement of the customer journey by continuous improvement analysis and
- The vetting of application forms for accuracy and reviewing ID to ensure compliance with Money Laundering policy, performing e-id checks and credit reference checks where appropriate
- Report all issues of regulatory concern to the CRO, Compliance and Legal Departments
- Comply with FCA, KYC, AML & CCA regulations
Risk Management / Controls and Compliance
- Comply with 1st line controls by following processes, procedures and policies
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner
- Report any risk events or errors to 1st line Risk & Compliance
- Quality assurance checks on payments out
- Applying approval process to high risk withdrawals.
- Budgetary control
- Identify customer improvements that will reduce cost
Leadership / People / Teamwork
- Work as part of a team
- Responsible for assigning tasks to the admin team members, scheduling and monitoring work and reviewing results for timeliness, accuracy and quality.
- Regular documented 1:1s
Education / Qualifications
- Good educational background with proficiency demonstrable in Maths and English
- Telephony customer service experience
- Experience of working as a team
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer focused approach
- Putting customers at the heart of decision making
- Working in partnership to achieve goals
- Demonstrating excellence, openness and transparency
- Adopting the values and behaviours that exemplify the corporate culture
- Developing people to support them to be the best that they can be