Data Engineer (Level 3)
Winners are looking to recruit a Data Engineer who will be responsible for working within the core development interfaces to the differing clinical system databases. Working with both technical & non-technical members of the agile teams, this role will develop and maintain effective solutions to support any data migration or data transformation process.Key Tasks
- Using a firm understanding of the whole data and application life cycle, is capable of rapidly and efficiently introducing him/herself with ongoing developments of different areas. To manage the transformation and manipulation of data in order to transfer data between computer solutions.
- Masters design of data structures for optimal storage, creation, retrieval or data mining.
- Proficient with Statistical Data analysis, modelling, and regression
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation to work within project timelines and budgets
- Coaches juniors and transfers existing and new acquired knowledge to peers
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies and coach other team members to improve skills
- Manage source code and version control using GIT
- Work independently or in conjunction with other developers as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the data team and the wider technology organization
- SQL Experience with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries
- have a good background in software development (C++, C#, JS) and or mathematics, either by training or experience
- Have an understanding of common database technologies.
- Experience in building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence projects will be advantageous
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical personnel in different units
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (e.g., collaborate with team members, users and back-end programmers)
- Have good exposure to DBA skills for MySQL
- Experience with MySQL database design & architecture, administration, implementation and management
- Experience with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling, schema designs
- Familiarity with Linux administration would be an advantage
- Experience with production support, change control protocols
- Experience managing highly available environments and configurations
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Experience with working in an Agile software development environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities
- coach and mentor more junior members and spreads knowledge within the team
- demonstrate leadership, team and project management skills
The role is being offered on a full basis and may require visits to client sites. Along with an excellent salary the company are offering 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata. Excellent development and training opportunities exist along with competitive remuneration and extensive company benefits.
If you have the relevant experience, then please click the link and submit your CV, or contact Maxine at Winners Recruitment.