We are looking for a motivated and passionate Butchery Manager to take responsibility for the Butchery department within the brand new food hall of a well established, “high end” garden centre.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of Retail Butchers and Butchery Assistants – leading by example and providing ongoing training and motivation to staff to deliver excellent levels of customer service.
- Deliver an outstanding experience to all customers.
- Full Carcass butchery
- Creating inspiring, innovative, seasonally changing displays
- Ensuring self-serve displays in chillers are attractive and shoppable
- Proactively sharing product information with the team and with customers
- All due diligence – health and safety, food safety etc.
- Monitoring sales and margin performance and taking action to ensure targets are met
- Stock control
- Play an active role in store set up and closedown.
- Participating in stocktakes, meetings and training as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Management Experience – ideally gained as owner or manager of a Retail Butchers
- Exceptional knife skills coupled with the ability to develop the butchery skills of those under you
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Commercial awareness and the understanding of yields and costs
- Proven ability to manage profit and loss margins.
- Be a good communicator at all levels
- Be honest, reliable and dedicated
- IT Proficiency
This is a full-time position, days only (working 5 days from 7). Opening Hours to be confirmed but likely to be between 0800 – 1730 Monday – Saturday, 0900 – 1700 Sunday with the possibility of extended opening hours in the evening.
The successful candidate will be joining a multi-site multi-award winning family business with an excellent reputation in their sector. In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary (remuneration dependant on skills and experience). Full training will be given and uniform will be provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of something new, put your mark on it and help establish this exciting new shop!
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.