Electricity Distribution Network Planner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Network Planner within Network Services East Midlands based at our Hinckley depot.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the preparation of capital projects from the initial enquiry to the point of delivery, including the design of new supply connections to the Network and Network reinforcement/replacement schemes. The role includes designing schemes in accordance with engineering directives and carrying out network operations on both the LV and HV systems.
* Please note that dependant on experience the starting salary may be £35,201 until the successful candidate achieves the required competenciesPackage description
When you join Western Power Distribution you become part of our team of over 6,600 professional, clerical and support staff looking after our extensive electricity distribution network. We serve over 7.8 million customers across the Midlands, South Wales and South West.
We cover highly populated urban centres such as Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, beautiful remote locations including the Brecon Beacons, Dartmoor and the Peak District and everything in between!
You will become integral to a company offering many benefits and a supportive working environment, which is committed to investing in the latest technologies and working methods to improve service to customers.
We know that our people are at the heart of this success and work hard to create a working environment which everyone can be proud of.Main responsibilities
- Dealing with service alteration and new connection enquiries from customers
- The planning, preparation and delivery of new connections, alterations and capital projects
- Communicating with customers effectively throughout the process
- The organisation of individual projects, including managing cost effectiveness
- Considering the impact of projects on customers, the public and the environment
- Designing schemes which are safe and identifying and communicating specific safety considerations according to the CDM regulations
- Using various company systems such as mapping and database programs as well as emails to prepare schemes and commercial reports
Ideally you will have experience of:
- The design and delivery of projects in accordance with Engineering Directives
- Preparation of quotations and correspondence with customers
- Network operations at HV and LV
- Dealing with customer directly including Architects, ICPs, Developers and Businesses
You should be logical, numerate, accurate and well organised. You may not necessarily possess all the skills required to carry out the role at present but should have the confidence and ability to reach the necessary standards with training.
It is important you have a flexible attitude as you may be asked to undertake other duties to assist the team in meeting its objectives. You may also be required to undertake standby duties and therefore a UK driving licence is essential.
If not already attained, the successful candidate will be required to study for a City and Guilds 2339 qualification in Electrical Engineering.
Please ensure you fill in all sections of the application form so the recruiting manager can make an informed decision as to whether you will be taken forward to the next stage of the recruitment process.