This lovely family business are specialist suppliers to veterinary hospitals and surgeries. They pride themselves on supplying quality products at competitive prices with personal service.
A part-time position has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant. Initially, this role will involve mainly Purchase Ledger duties, dealing with a very high volume of suppliers and purchases on a weekly basis. In time the position may develop and evolve to take on other elements of accounts. This position will be part-time 2 days a week and the company is quite flexible regarding the working days. As the position evolves the working hours may also increase.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Process supplier invoices using Sage, in line with the company’s policy
- Administer bank reconciliations
- Complete VAT returns
- Prepare figures for management accounting
- Ensure invoices and expenses are approved in line with the company’s policy
- Ensure approved invoices are paid in accordance with agreed payment terms
- Reconcile against supplier statements and send out remittances
- Liaise with other teams and account managers to ensure smooth workflow across all areas
- Experience of working with Sage (or similar accounts software)
- Sound administrative and IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Professional conduct demonstrating discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to relate easily to internal and external contacts
This role offers a competitive salary and the standard working hours are 08:00 until 17:00 - part-time 2 days a week. The company is located in a very lovely rural setting, therefore, candidates must be able to drive.
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted by Trapeze Recruitment about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.