News and Media Specialist
This role is responsible for raising the agency's profile within the media and social media, advising senior managers and expert staff about how we can enhance our reputation and deliver our business priorities.
A high profile government agency
- Proactively and creatively develop and implement media and social media plans
- Produce appropriate written communications, including media handling plans, to effectively communicate our messages
- Scope, write, edit and publish news and digital content to style, using a content management system.
- Day-to-day management of the agency's website and social media channels, ensuring content meets user needs.
- Act as an agency spokesperson, appropriately briefing media on issues, and arranging media broadcast interviews as required. Participate in a 24-hour media on-call rota.
- Monitor, evaluate and report media and social media coverage.
- Develop and nurture good working practices and relationships with agency staff involved in media issues.
- Develop and nurture good working relationships with journalists and social media bloggers to promote the work and role of the agency.
- Communicate the principles of good content design to others in the agency.
- Liaise with external stakeholders on topical media issues, developing and maintaining lines of co-operation and demarcation.
- Play a proactive role in the communications division's account management and project management system.
- Play a proactive role in delivering the agency's communications and reputation strategy.
-Media and Press experience
-Wider NFP experience
-Availability to interview on the 24-26th April
Brilliant benefits package
1 stage interview process
Brilliant team with opportunity for development and training
Central London offices