We are looking to recruit a Works Engineer to manage the engineering function for his/her site, to communicate with the Site Manager about projects, problems, health & safety, budgets, etc.
Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the engineering function for his/her site.
- Managing staff under him/her (where applicable).
- May be required to work at other sites from time to time.
- Repair all equipment on site (if unable to liaise with the UK Engineering Manager & Site Manager).
- Provide a monthly written report to the UK Engineering Manager for your site.
- Liaise with the UK Engineering Manager on projects, budgets, significant problems, PPM & health & safety.
- Report all dangerous accuracies to the Site Manager & UK Engineering Manager.
- Attend call outs, sometimes as part of a rota but depending on manpower, sickness & holidays.
- Rotas are not fixed & from time to time are open to change.
- Control engineering budgets for said sites.
- Control all engineering permit systems.
- Control planned maintenance systems.
- Ensure engineering complies with Bodycote health & safety procedures.
- Ensure statutory requirements & inspections are carried out.
- Carry out risk assessments & safe systems of work method statements.
- Ensure the site complies with the Bodycote Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Carry out all planned & predictive maintenance tasks on time & accurately.
- Log all non-conformances, faults & errors into the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Assist the UK Engineering Manager with projects for your site.
- Report any violation to Bodycote health & safety procedures including deviation from permit systems.
- Advise areas where you or Site Engineers require training.
- Ensure there is sufficient engineering cover at all times, including holidays and periods of absence (where reasonably practicable).
- When requested attend any of the UK sites to aid the Site Engineers in major reactive tasks.
- React if there is a problem during breaks & lunch (reschedule break/lunch).
- Stay after normal hours if contractors are working on site or there is a problem.
- Ensure all contractors working for you have up to date Public & Personal Liability insurance.
- Ensure all contractors working for you are using the correct PPE for the site & task.
- Ensure all contractors are aware of Bodycote site specific health & safety procedures.
- Ensure all contractors follow Bodycote permit systems.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained on site (Site Manager’s discretion when components are ordered).
- Ensure purchase requests are raised for all spares requests.
- Record in a monthly report when stock is not ordered due to Site Manager’s recommendations.
- Ensure spare equipment is maintained in good order & repaired promptly (Site Manager’s discretion when repairing spare equipment).
- Record in a monthly report when spare equipment is not repaired due to Site Manager’s recommendations.
- Expenses claims must be approved by the UK Engineering Manager.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Must be a time served Electrical engineer minimum ONC/HNC
- Extensive Knowledge of repair method of Electrical equipment and preventative maintenance systems
- Experience of Health, safety and Environment legislation relevant to process or power industry
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of the Thermal spray industry would be advantageous
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements, then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.