Buyer / Expeditor - 12 month FTC
Lusona Consultancy are working with a Fife based organisation who are one of the UK’s leading contract electronics manufacturer. Due to growth, they are looking to appoint a Buyer/Expeditor for a 12-month FTC.
The Buyer/Expeditor will report to the Materials Manager and will be responsible for placing multiple PO’s from MRP reports and building strong supplier relationships to ensure that materials are delivered on time.
Other responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensure material shortage risks are identified and immediately communicated to the business
- Sourcing of materials from alternative suppliers to ensure continuity of supply
- Monitor goods received to ensure suppliers are not shipping products ahead of schedule
- Update the ERP database for all parts under control to include lead-times, minimum order qty’s and cost data
- Inventory management, working towards specific KPI’s and identifying opportunities for inventory reduction
- Supplier management through scorecards to identify opportunities for improvement
Experience and knowledge required for the role:
- Experience of working as a Buyer or Expeditor in a high volume fast paced manufacturing organisation (electronics experience would be highly advantageous)
- Experience of dealing with a global supply base and understanding implications of lead times
- Experience of building strong supplier relationships
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Problem solver who always strives to find a solution to the problem
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of using MRP/ERP systems
- Strong Excel Skills
To discuss this opportunity to join a successful company and assist through this exciting period of growth, please send your CV today!