DevOps Engineer (Level 3)
Winners are looking to recruit a DevOps engineer. As a DevOps engineer you must know how to manage the IT infrastructure that's needed to support software code in dedicated, multi-tenant or hybrid cloud environments. He or she may be required to provision required resources, select an appropriate deployment model, direct the testing protocol to validate release and monitor performance after release. Tasks may include preparing test data, analysing results, troubleshooting problems and communicating issues back to development.
Primary task will be working with the other members of the DevOps infrastructure and application team to develop the CLOUD hosted solution alongside Engineering, Software and support teams to specific contract SLA and assurance requirements. This will also include secondary platform development and integration for threat protection and vulnerability scanning tools throughout the infrastructure and the management application stack of Prometheus, Graphana and Elasticsearch with our existing in-house product and technology teams.Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience of enterprise datacentre monitoring and alerting
- Solid ability to troubleshoot a variety of performance issues and other problems, from slow disk response to running out of file descriptors.
- Strong understanding of init scripts, creating new filesystems, /proc and other sysadmin essentials.
- Experience with monitoring. Prometheus, Graphana and Elasticsearch experience is a huge plus, but experience with other major cloud monitoring systems will suffice.
- Must understand creating monitors, setting thresholds and sending notifications.
- Experience with any metrics application, such as RRDTool, Cacti or MRTG.
- Able to troubleshoot network problems from the system perspective, such as identifying dropped packets or high latency that traces back to a particular network device. Ability to capture and analyse network traffic across a particular interface is a big plus.
- Familiarity with SNMP. Understanding of how to use snmpget and snmpwalk and work with the output.
- Ability to work closely with development and support groups to define new monitoring needs
- Experience using Git revision management system
Essential to have one or more
- Any security experience or certifications
- Cloud enterprise management certifications
- Configuration and administration of Nessus Professional
- Experience managing and mitigating common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE)
- Integration of Nessus Vulnerability and patch scanning with cloud stack.
- Familiarity with Enterprise class Anti-virus solutions and management environments
- Familiarity with Knowledge of DevOps continuous deployment technologies such as Kubernetes, docker, Ansible, Kiwi, Terraform
- General understanding and experience with enterprise availability, management service methodologies such as BCDR, Capacity and configuration management.
The role is being offered on a full basis and may require visits to client sites. Along with an excellent salary the company are offering 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata. Excellent development and training opportunities exist along with competitive remuneration and extensive company benefits.
If you have the relevant experience, then please click the link and submit your CV, or contact Maxine at Winners Recruitment.