Finance Business Partner
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our central team as a Finance Business Partner. This role oversees 3 of our academies and will be based four days a week at Harris Academy Tottenham, and one day a week at the Harris Federation Head Office by East Croydon station. We are interested to hear from qualified professionals that have gained experience either in Education or other industries. The successful applicant should be a good team player, have excellent communication skills and have a flexible approach to working and travel.
The position will lead on day to day finances and provide support to a cluster of academies in and around London. Your role will include:
- Managing Finance Officers with the day-to-day running of three academies
- Preparing monthly management accounts, including montly forecast, commentary and cash flow statements
- Supporting and guiding the budget holders and senior management in their financial management responsibilities
- Providing business support to Principals as and when required.
This is not a full job description, and should be read in conjunction with the job pack when preparing your application.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 47 academies or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We are looking for:
- Someone who holds a recognised accountancy qualification
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas to liaise with senior staff in academies.
- Good team player and skilled at building relationships
- Has excellent all-round accounting skills
- Accustomed to working to tight reporting deadlines
- Be able to manage staff and motivate staff to achieve their goals
- Demonstrate good analytical skills and a positive approach to problem solving
- Have high level of Excel skills and good exposure to different accounting systems
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Applications will close at 12 midday on Friday 25th January 2019.
Applications will be reviewed as and when received and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.