Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for an experienced Tax Assistant to join a top 40 firm on a full-time permanent basis in Norwich.
As a Tax Assistant you will assist in preparing tax returns and provide an organised and professional support to the portfolio holders within the Personal Tax team.
The role would suit someone with previous experience of working with a tax team, and who is looking to make a real difference and is a team player.
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and computations by entering source information provided by clients, including preparing rental income accounts and other associated tasks.
- Drafting Capital Gains Tax computations for senior review.
- Preparing other HMRC forms for senior review, including tax elections, and amending PAYE tax codes.
- Liaise with HMRC and other professionals regarding client affairs.
- Ensure that professional ethical procedures are adhered to.
- Manage and update the in-house database for client details.
- Task management.
- Ensures the firm carries out its professional duties properly.
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service
- Communicates workload with manager or partner
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for compliance purposes
- Maintains an understanding of Tax methodology and Tax software
- Maths and English Language at GCSE (at grade C’s or above)
- Intermediate excel spread sheet skills
- Good customer service skills
- Using Microsoft packages, internet and email
If you are interested, please contact Robyn Baker at Rutherford Briant for more information
Rutherford Briant is the Leading Accountancy Recruitment Consultancy in East Anglia.