School Business Manager
A Primary School in the Blackburn area are seeking a temporary School Business Manager to start in May.
Your new company
A large primary school based in Blackburn area have a maternity cover within their SLT starting in May 2019. This post is to continue until October 2019 but has the potential to be extended until May 2020.
Your new role
Due to the current School Business manager going on maternity leave The Headteacher is looking to appoint someone who is committed to providing a strategic vision, leadership and management for all support services within school including finance, HR, administration and premises.
Key duties for this role include:
- Acting as the lead financial member of staff with responsibility for managing the school budget and offering advice to SLT on finance matters
- Taking a lead on projects across the school that will have a strategic impact on the finances/ running of the school
- Taking a lead in producing and implementing safeguarding policies for the school, including ensuring the school complies with Health & Safety
- Line managing the administration and site staff
- Managing third party contracts and supply cover
- Managing all HR processes e.g. SCR, DBS checks, recruitment, absences and training
What you'll need to succeed
Prior experience of working in a school setting with SIMS and FMS would be an advantage, but applications are also welcome from anyone working at a senior administration level as on the job training can be provided. If you are confident with people management and have a proven record of managing finance and HR policies then we would love to hear from you.
What you'll get in return
In return you will join a close and supportive team, with the capacity to offer on the job training to develop your skills in areas that may be new to you. This post is managed by Hays Education, where a dedicated consultant will support you through the application process and remain a point of contact during your placement. You will enjoy competitive rates on pay, dependant on your experience level within the role grade, and accrue holiday allowance as you work. You will have access to Hays CPD training alongside any offered by the school.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.