Civil Engineering Project Manager
Civil Engineering Project Manager - Self-employed
Location: Kent, London
Salary: starting salary £55k depending on experience and qualifications
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 07.00 - 17.00 hrs
About the Company:
Our client’s company is looking for a Full time Civil Engineering Project Manager to operate in Kent, London and the whole of South East area.
The Civil Engineering Project Manager will be based at their office in Maidstone, Kent and the role will be both office and site based on daily basis. The projects are predominantly in South East of England but can extend nationwide. The ability to travel to client offices and project sites is essential. This position is very demanding, and you will be expected to work times required to deliver projects, conclude site visits and oversee projects at all times.
The successful Project Manager will have minimum of 5 years’ experience in the civil engineering field, with at least two years spent in a managerial role. The Project manager will be expected to deliver client projects in a highly proactive manner to the agreed programme, with all projects completed to a high standard and within clearly defined budgets and timescales.
Please note, all applicants must be Kent based due to nature of our clients business.
Civil Engineering Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Conduct risk assessments and method statements
- Manage health and safety on all projects
- Ensure all works meet quality standards
- Attend sites at pricing stage to agree scope of works and quantify with clients
- Setting bench marks of work to be done
- Maintain excellent communication with the client and all team members throughout every project
- Manage plant and material orders
- Manage all site staff and approved sub-contractors
- Maintain and compile all contract completion documentation
- Working on site - inspecting work, checking materials and their delivery and storage, checking that everyone follows the safety rules
- Working in office - dealing with contracts and clients, holding meetings to keep project on time and within budget
- Being directly responsible for the work carried out and the decision making
Civil Engineering Project Manager Requirements:
- Be Self-employed
- At least 5 years’ experience in civil engineering’s field
- At least two years’ experience in a managerial role
- Hold a relevant project management qualification
- Proven track record in delivering civil engineering projects
- Able to provide references
- Good planning, time and budget management
- Able to delegate and motivate staff
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
- Good computer literacy, including MS Office
- Kent based only applicants
Civil Engineering Project Manager Benefits:
- Starting salary of £55k depending on experience and qualifications
- Company vehicle/van & fuel allowance, company laptop & phone
If you feel the Civil Engineering Project Manager role would be a good fit, then please apply today!