Site Manager role based in Kent. Full P&L Responsibility.
Our client is a market leading FMCG company based in Kent, and is part of a global organisation.
- Site-wide leadership as the designated champion for safety, quality, continuous improvement and world class performance culture.
- Commit to plant safety processes and driving continual improvement in safety
- Acts as a role model for safety on site, demonstrating an open leadership and communication style to all levels of the organization to ensure that safety is at the forefront of all staff members' thoughts in every working day.
- Maintains a strategic improvement plan for the site addressing necessary improvements addressing key external and internal concerns.
- Implement tactical plans to develop the operation in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Defining and enforcing clear areas of ownership and accountability across all functional levels in the site; establishing clear plans to close performance gaps where they may exist
- Plan, organize, direct optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations.
- Uses data, lean and six sigma principles, to review and analyse production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with products and operating or production issues.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan in support of overall company objectives; meeting all financial objectives defined in the annual plant business plan.
- Manages budget and cost controls, develops and directs cost reduction strategies.
- Monitors actual versus standard costs (manufacturing variances) and directs corrective action.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met, monitoring operations and triggering corrective actions where performance requires improvement
- Increase production, asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards to external customers.
- Liaises closely with corporate engineering teams to develop & systemize the manufacturing process, reducing variation and improving product consistency.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Shares a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruits, manage and develop plant staff
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions with direct reports to ensure performance remains focused in the organization and improved where necessary.
- Fosters an environment of accountability with open and honest feedback for all team members.
- A proven senior manager / director from a fast paced or complex manufacturing background.
- Customer focus/service - you will need a proven track record dealing directly with your customers
- Committed to the following in equal measures
- Operational excellence
- Commercial/business acumen - must have had full P&L responsibility
- Leadership skills and people development
- Engineering focus/background
- Business/commercial related schooling/education or equivalent
- Clear and focused and upward career journey to date
We would also like like see candidates looking to step up into a role at this level, as long as they already have the required P&L and leadership exposure to develop into the role quickly.
£60,000 to £70000 car / car allowance, bonus and benefits