My client is a highly reputable engineering company specialising in rail, grid connections and renewable generation. Due to Continuing success within these sectors and expansion leads to this vacancy. The commissioning of these substations is the final and critical stage of the build. To strengthen our team we are seeking an experienced Electrical Commissioning Engineer.
- Duties and responsibilities of the role include
- Plan and carry out work in a safe manner, adhering to health and safety procedures at all times.
- Liaising with in house project engineers to produce and develop commissioning plans.
- Carry out onsite, pre and post energisation commissioning of substation equipment and protection schemes to ensure
- Liaison with clients, consultants and their representatives.
- Produce commissioning reports and test documentation
- Manage interfaces between client / DNO commissioning engineers.
- Liaise with manufacturers on commissioning issues and attend FAT tests.
- Provide technical support to project engineers during design and drawing approval process.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Key qualifications and experience
- Candidates should have gained relevant experience of commissioning activities within the electrical contracting or utility industries. We would expect you to be self-motivated with proactive approach to work and be able to rise to a challenge
- Substation Automation Testing Experience
- Knowledge of IEC61850
- Fully proficient with Omicron CMC/Test Universe
- Sound technical electrical engineering knowledge within the power sector
- Flexible and organised to manage workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Track record of commissioning.
- Excellent communication & IT skills.
- Full UK driving licence
- Salary & Benefits
- Attractive Salary
- Pension contribution
- Private health insurance
- Company car/car allowance
- Good supportive team
The role will require work away from home, at sites throughout the UK.
My client offers a positive working environment, relaxed in terms of some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career. If you believe that you have what it takes to power our future together then we wish to hear from you.
If you are interested, please apply to this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.