We are looking for an ambitious and talented Deli Supervisor to take responsibility for the Delicatessen department within the brand new food hall of a well established, “high end” garden centre.
The delicatessen offering will include: award winning pork and specialities pies, over 100 deli cheeses, chocolate, patisseries and pizza.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of delicatessen assistants – leading by example and providing ongoing training and motivation to staff to deliver excellent levels of customer service.
- Deliver an outstanding experience to all customers.
- Help prepare counter displays – focusing on abundance and visual beauty.
- All due diligence – health and safety, food safety etc.
- Play an active role in store set up and closedown.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Management Experience – ideally gained in a (food led) Retail Environment, Quick Service Restaurant or Contract Caterer.
- Uncompromisingly high standards of customer service, visual merchandising and cleanliness
- High Standards with an Aesthetic “eye for detail” to ensure that the food display looks amazing all the time.
- Structured and organised
- A “Foodie” – passionate about food, keen to learn about products, combinations and pairings and able to pass on knowledge confidently.
- Candidates must be over 18 years old (in order to comply with regulations regarding equipment usage)
The successful candidate will be joining a multi-site multi-award winning family business with an excellent reputation in their sector. In return for meeting the above criteria the Deli Assistant will be rewarded with a competitive salary (remuneration dependant on skills and experience). Full training will be given and uniform will be provided.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.