** FINANCE MANAGER / GROUP ACCOUNTANT - £30-35K - NORTH YORKSHIRE **
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work in a diverse and complex business with a wide range of challenges and responsibilities. As a key member of a small senior management team you will work closely with the owner and make a real impact on the business, from both a day-to-day and strategic perspective. You will be expected to be a key contributor to decisions that will enable continued growth and development of new and existing revenue streams.
The role will suit a suitably qualified and experienced accountant who is self-motivated, organised, efficient and able to manage many varied projects and tasks. You will be responsible for all financial aspects including payroll, banking and reconciliations, invoicing, ledgers, analysis and reporting, VAT, budgeting and cash flow management.
Maintaining financial records for 10 companies using Quickbooks Online
- Purchase ledger: post purchase invoices, pay suppliers and reconcile accounts
- Sales ledger: raise sales invoices and chase unpaid debts
- Monitor the receipt of rental income from property and chase up late payments
- Reconcile bank accounts & petty cash
- Co-ordinate the weekly banking of takings
- Calculate and adjust for any prepayments, accruals and depreciation to enable
accountants to calculate tax liabilities
- Prepare and submit VAT returns including partial exemption and capital goods scheme
- Prepare and update budgets and monitor cashflow
- Reconcile inter-entity accounts and pay quarterly recharges as appropriate
- Prepare and process payrolls including preparation of P11Ds
- Administrate the company pension scheme including auto enrolment duties
- Assist the owner in organising annual staff appraisals
- Monitor staff absence and holidays
- Work with the Property Manager to ensure property repairs are planned and carried
out to budget and renovation projects are managed
- Oversee the running of the property portfolio including ensuring that all legal
requirements are met, e.g. electric tests, EPC, boiler servicing, fire alarm monitoring
- Responsibility for the health & safety and ensuring ongoing compliance
- Arrange renewal of contracts such as telephone, electric etc.
- Responsibility for administration and renewal of company insurance policy
- Assist with general office admin and management of archives
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation e.g. PCI standards and Making Tax Digital
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Qualified Accountant
- Post qualification experience in a commercial organisation or accounting firm
- Practical experience of Payroll Processing and VAT Returns
- Ability to manage people effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel and accounting software such as
Quickbooks or Sage
- A proven multi-tasker who is organised, efficient and productive as well as being
accurate and having great attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative and research problems
- Confident and professional in dealing with both external and internal parties
For more information please contact Jake Stanley at Charterhouse Recruitment on or email your up-to-date CV to .
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
At Charterhouse Recruitment we are committed to protecting your personal data. Please click on the link below to read our privacy notice which provides you with all you need to know about how we will use and process your data