Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay Rate: £33.00 - £34.00 per hour (Ltd Co)
Duration: 6 Months +
Manufacturing Engineer required for specialist Aerospace and Defence manufacturer based in Slough, Berkshire. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be leading the development of new projects from concept to production, as well as overseeing the movement of projects from one factory site to another.
In your role as Manufacturing Engineer, you will be working across operations, supply chain and design engineering to develop and improve processes, specifications and manufacturing methods.
Manufacturing Engineer Requirements:
- Experience within an Aerospace or Defence environment is essential
- As a Manufacturing Engineer you will have previous experience of NPI within a hands-on manufacturing and operations environment
- Strong background of using problem-solving techniques within an Electro-Mechanical manufacturing environment
- As a Manufacturing Engineer you should be experienced in using problem solving techniques such as 5 why's, Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams and 8D
- Experienced in the identification and implementation of improved processes
- The Manufacturing Engineer will have a strong understanding of manufacturing principles
- A proven track record of generating and maintaining process maps, PFMEA's and control plans
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Manufacturing Engineer will work with manufacturing cell leaders, lean co-ordinator and design engineering to improve process efficiencies
- Lead and work in teams to develop process FMEA, in their construction and implementation
- As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will assist in establishing product cycle times and monitor actual performance against the standard with the key intent of reducing manufacturing labour content on those products
- Implement lean manufacturing processes, basic improvement tools and layout changes to improve manufacturing
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you.