Beginners French Teacher
TASIS The American School in England, an independent day and boarding school in Surrey providing excellence in American education is seeking an experienced Beginners French Teacher for its Summer School boarding program. The successful candidate will be teaching students in an age range of 10 to 17 years and must have previous teaching experience within a classroom.
Duties will include
The Beginners French course is designed for students who have little or no previous knowledge of the French language. The teacher will not only introduce students to a basic understanding of the language, but also to its vibrant French culture. They will help students develop basic level abilities of the language through listening, speaking, reading and active participation in a variety of activities. Simple phrases that develop vocabulary, pronunciation and comprehension will be explored.
Faculty orientation, faculty meetings, weekly lesson plans, two classroom observations, mid-term and end-of-term assessment and personalized student reports, pastoral care: these constitute a non-exhaustive list of what TASIS expects of enthusiastic, motivated teachers for a diverse and equally motivated TASIS England Summer Program student body.
Dormitory residence duties.
This is a fixed term contract from the 18th June to 4th August 2019.
The salary is based on a gross annual equivalent of between £30,000 to £32,000 (pro rata) and is dependent on experience, qualifications and tax status.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelor Degree with previous teaching experience.
- To know the identity of the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy
- Proactively be alert to indicators of potential safeguarding issues and report these immediately in accordance with the school’s procedure
- Be aware of the School’s Safeguarding Policy and to follow its requirements
- Attend training relating to Safeguarding of Children
- Engage in safe practice and professional conduct to safeguard children to mitigate against the potential for misunderstandings or situations being misconstrued
- Create safe and secure learning environments