Parts Category Manager
Parts Category Manager - Oakham, Rutland
Our clients, a family owned independent Cycling Retailer, are looking for a Parts Category Manager working from their Head Office in Oakham area of Rutland.
- Salary: Around £30,000, plus up to 5% bonus
- Location: Oakham, Rutland
- Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
The Parts Category Manager (PCM) takes leadership of the commercial performance of our parts range, online and in store. Responsible for management of all aspects of this category, the PCM is a central role in our category management team, at the heart of a company enjoying rapid development across all channels. This role requires line management of a dedicated merchandiser, and reports into the Head of Category Management in a Commercial division focused on sales. The PCM will be required to provide commercial input to shape the future development of the parts category, and also to conduct various routine tasks to support the wider business KPIs of exceeding our sales and margin targets, while still achieving our stock targets. The PCM will need to be enthusiastic and positive, commercially engaged, have strong communication skills, a great attention to detail with an aptitude to being analytical, a challenging approach to continually seek out improvements, and support the wider business goal of being the UK’s best cycling destination.
The PCM’s tasks and responsibilities are to:
- Oversee the growth of the parts category across all channels, with particular regard to growing online sales in an ecommerce department enjoying large YOY growth.
- Take ownership of revenue, margin and stock performance with regular reporting to all levels of the organisation.
- Line manage a dedicated parts merchandiser, providing motivational and technical guidance and direction on the category.
- In conjunction with the Head of Category Management, create and develop a long -term plan and strategy for the development of the category.
- Continually enhance commercial relationships with major suppliers.
- Co-ordinate purchase order requirements with the buying team, in part through ongoing reviews and changes of the restock levels, and liaising with the store teams and warehouse teams to resolve any issues affecting stock availability.
- Conduct regular stock and sales analysis work, providing the Company with ongoing insights and recommended actions in response to trading conditions.
- Carry out formative analysis work to support the Company in making swift and efficient decisions when progressing product forward orders and end of line opportunities.
- Coordinate sku creation requests on the Citrus database which come from across the wider team in addition to your own buying activities. These should be completed in a manner which meets the lead-time expectations for those requests whilst maintaining an exceptional level of accuracy.
- Manage accurate, high-quality online product listings through the merchandiser. We’re a small team and at busy times, we all need to share the pace making. The PCM will offer all-round support to our Online team, helping deliver timely, accurate and high-quality product listings, in line with our data standards and to agreed output and quality levels.
Key skills & attributes:
- Experience of category management and a demonstrable desire for career development.
- Experience in the parts of cycle retail sector, great product knowledge and a real enthusiasm for the business.
- A real passion for retail and sales – online and in-store.
- The ability to network, internally and externally, to deliver commercial results.
- Calm, friendly, professional and helpful – even when working under pressure.
- Good analytical and MS Excel skills with the proven ability to handle large amounts of data quickly and accurately.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal values, including treating colleagues with respect, punctuality and pride in own work.
- Excellent judgement of appropriate actions to take (including when to escalate a situation).
More about this job:
Based: at our Head Office in Rutland, with the need to travel around our store network and the UK bike industry as required.
Reporting to: Head of Category Management. The role will work to SMART targets and key performance indicators, and will receive regular feedback and appraisal.
Responsible for: functional supervision of 1 x Merchandiser
Hours: Standard working hours are 8.30am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday, although the post-holder may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role, which may include some weekend working.
If your experience meets my client's criteria apply ASAP for this Parts Manager job in the Cycling industry.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.