Extra Care Scheme Manager
Our Client is passionate about our care and support services and is excited and ambitious about the continued development and growth of a range of high quality services for vulnerable people. Our Client is looking for exceptional individuals, who feel that they can lead, drive, contribute and deliver a range of services across our care and support business.
Our Client help, care & support older people and people with a learning difficulty or a disability to live an enjoyable, independent life. We do this by advocating on their behalf and by providing activities, support, care, and housing that matches their needs. This role is based in Loughborough.
Our Client also provide diverse housing and supported living services to a range of people whose circumstances have made their lives or their housing vulnerable such as teenage parents; older people; and homeless people.
Within the Health and Social Care sector this exciting role you will need to ensure that the Extra Care Scheme is fully occupied by managing allocation and be responsible for the management of the scheme. You will need to ensure that the scheme is safe and compliant and creates a vibrant and inclusive culture for tenants which support wider integration into the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working within an Extra Care setting
- Ability to understand financial information and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience of Intensive Housing Management criteria, specifically around allocations, tenancy sustainment, promoting independence and safeguarding
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of supporting people to successfully apply for relevant
Benefits to maximise income and support tenancy sustainment
- Experience of joint working to achieve positive outcomes for
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for inclusion of groups and
individuals with extra support needs
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- High attention to detail
- IT skills (e.g word processing, email, excel)
- Health & Safety compliant
As an Extra Care Scheme Manager.
- Have or willing to work towards a professional housing qualification
- Significant experience of managing accommodation services for older people
- Knowledge/experience of housing and welfare benefits
- Experience of monitoring service delivery
- Health & Safety compliant
- Manage and report on the allocations and referral process for the
- To work in partnership with relevant stakeholders for
Nominations/referrals and to attend relevant stakeholder meetings
- Work in partnership with the maintenance department to ensure a
quality provision is in place and that void property repairs are carried
out to a high standard on time
- To assist with tenants moving into the scheme, settling them and
offering tenancy advice and information and to ensure that
administrative tasks linked to this process are carried out, such
as signing tenancy agreements
- To alert the Assistant Manager, Housing, of any serious concerns
regarding the waiting list or void units
You will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check for this role, which we will complete for the successful candidate. As the role is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offender's Act 1974, please can you ensure you detail both spent and unspent convictions on your application form.
If you have significant experience of managing accommodation services for older people and have Knowledge/experience of housing and welfare benefits and you would like to apply for the role of Extra care Scheme Manager in Loughborough this will be an ideal role.
If the role of Extra care Scheme Manager isn't for you we have numerous vacancies in the Health and Social Care sector.
We also offer a referral of £250, so if you have any family or friends looking for a new career in Health and Social care please get in touch
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.