Are you looking for an administration opportunity based within Bradford? Are you proficient with SIMS and Excel? Do have school-based office experience? If yes, then this may be the role for you!
A Pupil Referral Unit in Bradford is looking to appoint a new part-time administrative assistant to their very busy front office team to start as soon as possible. The successful applicant will have strong SIMS experience, hold an enhanced DBS on the update service, and have experience working in a school office environment. This is a full-time role from July until the end of the academic year.
The role will involve assisting with day to day administration on behalf of the administration team and senior colleagues of the school. The successful applicant will hold a key role within the school and will be responsible for ensuring a smooth and professional operation.
If you are looking for a similar role, but with different hours or a longer/shorter contract, please do not hesitate to contact Randstad Education as we have a variety of roles available.
Benefits of working with the school:
- On-site parking
- Nearby public transport links
- A welcoming school with a supportive team of staff
- Canteen lunches available
- A warm and friendly school environment
Benefits of working with Randstad:
- Dedicated SEND Consultants with experience working in SEN education
- A 24/7 on-call service
- Free career advice
- Support and guidance throughout your role
- Market advice
- Job matching based on your preferences
- Advice and feedback on your current CV
- Team teach training
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertake general reception duties e.g. greeting parents and external agencies, answering the phone, making calls to parents etc
- Be the first point of contact for students, staff and visitors and act as the front of house
- Carry out administration tasks e.g. typing minutes, photocopying, updating spreadsheets and student records
- Monitor attendance records
- Work under pressure in a very busy office, with the ability to multitask
- Arrange taxis when needed
- Cover the front office, taking registers and supporting the Office Manager when needed
- Strong SIMS experience is essential
- An ability to work in a challenging environment and manage challenging behaviour from students
- An understanding of how to use Excel, Microsoft Word and email packages
- An enhanced DBS on the update service
- Clear and confident communication skills, both verbally and written
- Organisation skills
- Knowledge of admissions, referrals and SEN
- School office/reception experience (essential)
Are these skills you can bring? Do you feel that this is the role for you? Then please apply now!
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Randstad Education has an array of positions in the West Yorkshire area. If this is of interest to you, call the Leeds branch today on .