Deputy Head of Finance - Higher Education
A prestigious research institute, located in central London, has a new opening for a role as an interim Deputy Head of Finance.
This key accounting post will be on an initial 6 month interim basis and offers the chance to work alongside the organisation’s Head of Finance to oversee the budgeting and forecasting of multiple departments within the institute, while also managing a finance team.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- Deputise for the Head of Finance where needed.
- To produce accurate and timely consolidated management accounts.
- Advice budget holders on routine accounting matters as required.
- Assist the Head of Finance in a range of duties, including; budgeting, year end accounts and forecasting.
- Handling the organisations VAT returns.
- Assist with the TRAC return, HESA reports and the HE-BCI survey.
- Lead the finance team and directly manage 5 staff.
Key person specification;
- Full CCAB Accountancy qualification.
- High levels of IT skills, with specific experience in improving internal system based processes.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Experienced at HESA and HE-BCI reporting.
- Adaptability to overcome any potential issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Strong communication abilities combined with the confidence to present new ideas to senior members of the institute.
You must be available to start by the 3rd June.
If you feel that you possess the skills and the experience we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.