Sales Ledger Manager
Role: Sales Ledger Manager
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 per annum
Job: Permanent, Full time
The overall purpose of this role is to assist and support the finance department to deliver accurate financial information to management, and support the Financial Controller in producing timely and accurate financial data.
The sales ledger manager will be responsible for accurately reporting debt for the business' largest sales ledger accounts and will also be required to post debit notes, credit notes, fines, and stock adjustments to the nominal ledger. This position will also have some balance sheet responsibility and will handle key sales invoice related issues, calls and emails, focusing on the delivery of an enhanced customer experience and a clean sales ledger.
Key Tasks will include:
You'll need to utilise a variety of skills for this demanding role including:
- Acting as the main contact for the company's largest sales ledger accounts and ensuring that all invoices, discounts, rebates and fees are posted correctly and the sales ledger is kept reconciled and up to date.
- Facilitate the timely collection of cash from customers and liaise with internal account managers on operational issues to ensure timely resolution of queries.
- Use excel to import sales invoices to the accounting software on a weekly basis
- Producing month end debt analysis for the Group Financial Controller
- Ensuring all customer credit limits are insured and performing appropriate due diligence on all new accounts
- Reconciliation of the sales ledger control account on a monthly basis
- Posting bank receipts to correct accounts and accurate allocation of the same
- Allocating monies received to customer accounts.
- Maintaining customer account contact records.
- Assist in reviewing the company's sales ledger and credit control policies and help implement best practices for the same.
- Any other ad hoc tasks required by the financial controller.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience gained within a previous finance role - preferably sales ledger or accounts assistant / assistant accountant role
- Excellent excel skills - vlookup as minimum
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Diplomacy and ability to negotiate payment solutions with problematic debtors
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility
- Reliable, trustworthy and can work to deadlines using own initiative
- Great organizational skills with the ability to manage own workload
- Although not essential, the ideal candidate is likely to be AAT qualified or working towards a professional financial qualification
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate would be eager to learn, enthusiastic about a career in finance and credit management.