Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in another area of Thomas Cook? Have you got an inquisitive mind and want the chance to learn more? Whether it’s working more closely with our products, getting to grips with all things digital, or looking after our customers in-destination, we have plenty of opportunities that could suit you.
Our mantra is ‘be bold, be brilliant, be your best!’. We know how valuable you are, so we want to make sure there’s plenty here at Thomas Cook to keep you intrigued, from secondments to something more permanent. With the chance to develop skills and try different roles throughout the company, a new adventure could be closer than you think.
Store Manager - Saffron Walden - 37.5 hours per week - Permanent Contract
As a Thomas Cook Retail Store Manager you’ll be coaching, developing and mentoring a team of Sales Consultants supporting them to become travel experts and provide an unforgettable experience for customers! You’ll be inspiring the team to make someone’s dream holiday come true.
You’ll also be leading the team in putting themselves in the customers flip flops to deliver on the perfect holiday, whilst ensuring Sales and Revenue targets are achieved with our range of extras including holiday money, travel insurance and car hire. This role will allow you to use your full range of leadership skills, displaying your creativity and innovation to bring an array of exciting ideas and concepts to life in your store.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the store whilst building and sustaining a loyal and repeat customer base. Exceptional service should be delivered consistently to our customers, and you’ll use your commercial skills to make the most of local marketing opportunities and promote our fantastic brand. There’ll be excellent on-going development, providing you with great future career opportunities within our retail network and beyond.
We have nearly 600 shops across the UK and put our customer at the heart of everything we do. To make sure we are available when our customers need us some of our stores are open in the evening and over the weekend, so you’ll need to be flexible with your working hours. We operate on variable shifts to cover this but we’ll make sure you know your shift pattern at least 4 weeks in advance.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Experienced people manager with an inspirational, motivational and approachable leadership style
- Proven experience of driving profitability
- Results focused with experience of driving team performance
- Sound commercial acumen and the ability to make sense of cost control and profit data
- Commitment and passion for delivering excellent customer service consistently
- Experience in developing people through strong leadership and sales management
- Ability to support the team to be solution focused
- Be able to work as part of a team; we’re one Thomas Cook and love to achieve targets together
- This is a sales target environment so you’ll need to be motivated
- Travel experience and knowledge of foreign exchange isn’t necessary but would be really useful
- A confident and fun approach is essential
- Willingness to learn and a commitment to personal development
We will ask a lot of you, but in return you’ll get:
- Target driven bonus & fantastic incentives
- Excellent holiday concessions (including last minute employee offers giving you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at unbelievable prices!)
- Great flexible benefits package (including the opportunity to buy & sell annual leave, childcare vouchers & discounted gym membership)
- Continuous learning with industry leading training with our brand new Retail Check-In Programme
- Great career progression opportunity
- The opportunity to take part in educational trips to support your learning & development, so you can experience our products first-hand
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 after 2 years
- Contributory Pension
Your Induction with Thomas Cook
Your career development is really important to us, so we’ll invest in a five week induction plan for you from the day you start in your new role. During this time, you’ll need to be available to work up to 37.5hrs a week (5 days over 7) to make sure you have all the knowledge you’ll need to work as a travel expert. In week two of your five week induction, you’ll spend four days at our Peterborough Head Office (overnight accommodation will be booked for you if needed) where you’ll meet other new retail colleagues and complete your training together. We’ve planned start dates each month throughout the year. If you’re invited for an interview, your interviewer will be able to explain more about this and answer any questions that you might have.
As a large global travel business, including overseas, tour operations and an airline, the sky really is the limit for your career progression. If you’re looking to start a fantastic new career journey with a leading international travel company, and you’ve got what it takes to be part of our winning team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Flexible on location?
Check our Thomas Cook Store Finder, where you’ll be able to locate your nearest store and search our career site based on the name of the store: https://search.
If you require any support during the recruitment process, please contact your local HR/ Resourcing team and they will be happy to help.