Support Manager Physical & Learning Disabilities
Domus Recruitment are currently working with a well-established charity that specialises in residential/supported living services for adults with Physical disabilities, learning disabilities and other associated needs in Suffolk to recruit for a Support Manager.
The successful candidate will need to be confident, committed, a natural leader as well as a great communicator since you will be supporting the Area Manager to ensure high standards of professional practice are in place. In this role you will be responsible for a small case load of hours, be highly flexible and participate in the on-call rotation system providing management support to staff. The role is full time and 37.5 hours a week.
The company encourage and empower individuals to develop their social and life skills in order to live as independently as possible and support services users to achieve their goals in education, employment and in their personal lives.
Support Manager - Key responsibilities:
- Growth and development of the region.
- High standards of professional practice are existing and support and advice is available to the team leaders.
- Responsible for directly line managing a team leader and a team of support workers, by providing regular supervisions, appraisals and inductions, you will also be required to complete quality and compliance within the services.
- Communicating effectively to team members and encouraging independence to be supported whenever possible for the service users to achieve their goals.
- Training, developing and motivating staff through example and attention to good working practice.
- The ability to plan and prioritise your workload is essential.
Support Manager - The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the health and social care sector.
- 3 years previous experience in a management role.
- Experience with Physical disabilities and Learning disabilities.
- NVQ HSC level 5 desirable or willing to work towards
- Driver is essential!
- Highly organised and self-driven you will be able to work flexibly
There are many benefits within this company besides the commitment to your learning, training and development, they also offer a generous annual leave entitlement, gym memberships, competitive pension scheme and child vouchers.
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy please contact Jen Henry on or alternatively send me your CV via email
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
Keywords; Services manager, supported living, learning disabilities, Suffolk, support manager, Lowestoft, physical disabilities.