Accounts Assistant / Management Accountant
Our client, at Marks Sattin, have a fantastic opportunity to join their internationally recognised technology company as an Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant
In this role you will be supporting the Accountant and the rest of your colleagues in the finance team to provide a comprehensive finance service to the business.
- Preparing financial reports for the management team as and when required.
- General ledger accounts reconciliation.
- Assist with bank and cash reconciliation to enable the Finance Manager to review the Company accounting records.
- Bank transaction preparation and postings to sales, purchase and general ledger.
- Reconciling supplier invoices to the purchase order requisition and receipt records.
- Dealing with supplier/customer queries and escalating where appropriate.
- Preparing and reviewing sales invoice requests and preparing invoices.
- Assisting in producing cash flow forecasts.
- Assisting in producing analysis of profit and loss account items, general ledger accounts and stock control accounts.
- Assisting with the End of Year reconciliation process.
- Responsibility for the Concur Expenses by processing staff expenses claims, including checking supporting receipts and deductions, and analysing customer recharges. Completion of expense coding vouchers and posting to general ledger system.
- Assisting in producing monthly staff expense payment reconciliations and escalate to Accountant where necessary.
- Assisting in the analysis and processing of credit card expenses.
- Supporting the Accounts Assistants with processing of sales and purchase invoices.
Skills and Experience required
- Proven experience of working at AAT level and have a thorough understanding of financial operations.
- Demonstrable experience of working with accountancy systems and software in a finance function with knowledge of sales, purchase and general ledger.
- A willingness to work towards CIMA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of various Microsoft packages including intermediate knowledge of Excel i.e. pivot tables, macros, 'sum if' statements etc.
- Self-motivation and willing to use own initiative as will be required to work without close supervision.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst still paying attention to detail.
- Commercial Awareness.
You should be a hands-on person with a positive "can-do" attitude who wants to work collaboratively to deliver an excellent service to our customers, both internally and externally.
In addition, we'll be looking for you to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Information collection
- Written and oral communication
- Numerical interpretation
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Professional / Technical competence
- Planning and organising
- Change orientated
- Persuasiveness and influencing
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a friendly, progressive and supportive company with a clear route to progress in your Accounting career.
Interested? Or know someone that might be? Feel free to apply and contact James Hipkiss on | or email @ to find out more about the role and your application.