Job type - Part time permanent
Salary - £24,414 pro rata
Hours - 20
Location- Westminster London
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. We house, we educate, we support, we advise, and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We are passionate about changing lives. We never give up. In 2017/18, we helped around 32,000 people.
At Nacro Westminster we are commissioned by Westminster City Council to provide housing and support to male ex-offenders in the borough. We aid individuals to reintegrate into society by helping them to tackle education, training, housing, independent living and substance misuse problems, and to tackle issues without reoffending and resorting to crime and antisocial behaviour.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Worker (Part-Time 20 hours p/w over 3 days) to join our team. The ideal candidate would be motivated and confident, with experience in the supported housing sector. The successful candidate would be responsible for providing housing support for 20 residents across two sites for up to two years, and to enable them to move on into independent living.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Empathic understanding of the problems facing ex-offenders, and the ability to work non-judgementally
· Knowledge and understanding of setting up DWP and Housing Benefit claims
· Experience of Rent Management procedures
· Experience of void and housing management, including Health & Safety and maintenance reporting
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Literate in the use of Microsoft Office with some administration skills and experience
· Experience of working in the Support Housing sector
· Skilled in maintaining professional boundaries
· Able to work creatively with difficult to engage clients, and to challenge anti-social behaviour
Please apply online