C# Software Developer
My client is a very large global food manufacturer based in Chorley.
We are looking to recruit a .NET developer on a 1 year contract that could lead to a very long further extensions. To help in the development the implementation & commissioning of its new automated blending and grinding production facility. Also to help in the integration of the existing ERP systems with new facilities and systems. The role will be in the Chorley HQ and will also include initial travel and working for a few weeks in the Netherlands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the installation and on-going development of the Promas-ST automation system.
- Develop software for both intranet web modules and desktop applications.
- Help replace legacy VB.NET Web Forms and Win Forms.
- Development of RESTful API's.
- Working with departmental stakeholders and third-party suppliers to implement the software.
- Strong analytical and software design skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company.
- Able to work on activities with minimal supervision.
- Possible requirement to spend time in Holland being trained on Promas-ST
- Experience of International Standard for Automation (ISA-95/ISA-88)
- Experience working with Microsoft Message Queues.
- Experience of AngularJS, AngularUI.
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Unit Testing.
- Experience of developing software for ERP/Manufacturing systems.
- Experience of working a commissioning/test environment.
- Experience of SQL Reporting Services.
The contract is initially a 1 year contract but can lead to years of work in the pipeline of a 10 year manufacturing automated production project.
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity, feel free to attach your CV or call our office for a confidential discussion. GK Recruitment Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency