Liquidity Risk Manager
Main Purpose of the Role :
We have an opportunity within our Market Risk Management department with particular focus on Liquidity Risk and Prudential Risk / Capital Management. The role involves regulatory liquidity and capital reporting as well as liquidity and capital risk management and advisory.
· Daily monitoring and production of liquidity risk metrics for internal risk management and control involving working closely with Front Office, Treasury, Finance and Operations.
· Daily monitoring & report production of liquidity profile
· Explanation of significant change in liquidity position
· Ensure accurate and timely report submissions to PRA including implementing of key controls
· Compliance with EBA / PRA / Basel 3 requirements for Liquidity, i.e. LCR, NSFR, Asset Encumbrance, ALMM and Intraday Liquidity,
· Liquidity Stress testing and scenario analysis
· Assist in preparation of submission to monthly ALCO
· Onboarding and testing of new strategic infrastructure solutions (through Moodys' Risk Authority platform) for regulatory reporting
Depending on the candidate's level of relevant experience, responsibilities in the following areas might form part of the role
· Liquidity planning including assessing impact of new products or business on the firm's funding profile and PRA / EBA liquidity metrics
· Escalation of any vulnerability in currency, maturity profile mismatches and introduction of other controls to ensure liquidity is appropriately managed.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
· Industry experience is essential with some time spent in Liquidity Risk Management, Treasury, reporting or Finance / Product Control beneficial. Candidates from an Operations function might be considered if they have relevant experience in Intraday Liquidity Risk, Margin & Collateral management or similar
· Strong Excel spreadsheet skills are essential
· Knowledge of vendor solutions for Liquidity reporting, ideally Moodys' Risk Authority platform, desirable
· Good understanding of a broad range of capital markets products highly desirable
· Minimum of 2 years of hands on experience in any of the above listed functions
Education / Qualifications:
· Degree or equivalent in a numerically biased subject essential; CFA or equivalent post graduate professional qualification desirable
· Excellent communication skills
· Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
· A proactive, motivated approach.
· The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
· A structured and logical approach to work
· Strong problem solving skills
· A creative and innovative approach to work
· The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment