Dev Ops Engineer
A key role within a growing dynamic DevOps team within a large software supplier Operations Department currently undergoing development of a new hosted infrastructure stack which services UK wide clients.
Your Primary task will be working with the other members of the DevOps infrastructure and application team to develop the cloud hosted solution alongside Engineering, Software and support teams to specific contract SLA and assurance requirements.
This will also include secondary platform development and integration for threat protection and vulnerability scanning tools throughout the infrastructure and the management application stack of Prometheus, Graphana and Elasticsearch with existing in-house product and technology teams.
The successful candidate must have the following skills/knowledge and experienceKnowledge & Skills
- Cloud General
- Cloud Visibility
- CI Pipeline
o Blue Ocean
Within the successful candidate we are looking for some or all of the following technical skills:
- Linux (RedHat(RHEL), Ubuntu, CentOS, SUSE) configuration and networking experience - Commercial 1-3 years’ experience
- Experience working using the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages (preferably PHP and/or C/C++) and database systems (MySQL and/or PostgresQL)
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Prometheus Scripting Language PromQL
- Elasticsearch scripting language Painless/QueryDSL
- ZFS filesystem
- Previous experience of enterprise datacentre monitoring and alerting
- Solid ability to troubleshoot a variety of performance issues and other problems, from slow disk response to running out of file descriptors.
- Strong understanding of init scripts, creating new filesystems, /proc and other sysadmin essentials.
- Experience with monitoring. Prometheus, Graphana and Elasticsearch experience is a huge plus, but experience with other major cloud monitoring systems will suffice.
- Must understand creating monitors, setting thresholds and sending notifications.
- Experience with any metrics application, such as RRDTool, Cacti or MRTG.
- Able to troubleshoot network problems from the system perspective, such as identifying dropped packets or high latency that traces back to a particular network device. Ability to capture and analyze network traffic across a particular interface is a big plus.
- Familiarity with SNMP. Understanding of how to use snmpget and snmpwalk and work with the output.
- Ability to work closely with development and support groups to define new monitoring needs
- Experience using Git revision management system
This is a full time permanent position paying up to £47,000 dependent on experience. If you would be interested in applying for this role please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.