IT Service Centre Agent
Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Role Title: IT Service Desk Agent
Job Purpose: Provide a single gateway and first point of contact into IT for all business users and suppliers of Thomas Cook Group IT systems, registering, classifying and resolving Incidents and Service Requests and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible.
- Excellent team player with solid Service Desk experience
- Good understanding of ITIL methodologies and best practices, specifically around Service Request and Access Management
- Proven track record of demonstrating a service-oriented attitude with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a thorough and structured approach
- Strong computer and desktop skills including Windows desktop troubleshooting and permission changes to mailboxes and active directory
- Experience of working in a Customer Services environment
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills with the capability to deliver difficult messages and decisions and experience of effectively working with 3rd party and virtual resources (including off-shore)
Ability to speak English and French or German languages
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Using technical knowledge and experience, provide first and second line technical support to all Thomas Cook employees in order to resolve 80% of incidents raised through the Service Centre at first contact, e.g. installation, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and remote resolution
- Effectively work with second and third line teams as well as third parties to troubleshoot and resolve calls, ensuring timely resolution of incidents and requests in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Manage all Incidents and Service Requests (including information, advice and access Requests) from assignment to resolution, ensuring correct classifications are used and escalate major Incidents that have the ability to impact the operation of the business
- Ensure that all submitted Service Requests are processed prioritised, identifying what resources are required to fulfill them and communicating Service Requests that require other groups to be involved as required
- Feed into the Incident templates, Knowledge Articles, and Service Request Catalogue to ensure they are maintained and accurate
- Work with the relevant teams to ensure assets are available to be requested, both in terms of stock as well as accessibility to order
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction, escalating issues where necessary to ensure completion within SLA targets
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Job Segment: Service Desk, Customer Service