Are you an IT technician looking for a new opportunity? We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and driven IT Support Technician to join a well-established organisation in Workington on; initially, a 2-3-month temporary basis.
To support the IT Services Manager in the administration of the Association's IT infrastructure and service desk including 1st line technical support.
Duties will include (but may not be limited to):
- Provide first line support for telephone and email queries to the helpdesk, take messages on behalf of team members and signpost callers.
- Provide administrative support to the team.
- Support software and hardware upgrades.
- Prepare and maintain computers, laptops and mobile phones.
- Monitor backup job notifications.
- Resolve common and recurring faults including printing and user account issues.
- Diagnose, research and identify solutions.
- Set up user accounts and email groups.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the use of the Associations software applications.
- Escalate problems to second line support where necessary.
- Liaise with 3rd party software and hardware providers when requested.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of computer procedures.
- Create/maintain filing systems ensuring filing and records are up-to-date.
- Show enthusiasm and innovation for the use of technology.
- Ensure internal business processes are followed.
- Ensure that all data protection requirements are met.
- To attend and actively participate in team meetings (where appropriate), line managements, appraisals, training and Impact mandatory events.
- To be an active and effective member of the team.
- To take a full and positive role in training courses as and when required.
- To undertake your duties in a manner that takes care of your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected.
- To work flexibly and collaboratively with other staff and partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Good organisational skills
- Capable of researching problems and implementing solution
- Identify effective, efficient and economical solutions
- Able to work with minimum supervision, meet deadlines and when required use initiative
- Shows enthusiasm and innovation for the use of technology
- Excellent team player
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Some technical knowledge of PCs, networking and communication equipment.
- Experience of using MS Office.
- Experience of providing Technical Support
- Experience of providing Helpdesk Support
- Experience of Anti-virus and backup systems
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level (or equivalent)
- Holds or be working towards a relevant IT qualification: HND, Diploma in Computing, MCSE, MCSA, MTA or similar
- Willingness to travel to other work locations if required
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9-5, Friday 9-4:30
Car Parking Available
Please get in touch with Frankie Scott if you're interested in this vacancy. Interviews are being held immediately, don't miss out!
System People are acting as a recruitment agency in this instance on behalf of their client.