Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst
The Digital AML Team is responsible for conducting detailed investigations of Group Digital/Multi Channel customers to detect potential money laundering risks and reviewing customers and incidents where risk triggers are identified or internal thresholds are met. These investigations are conducted to ensure that the customer can legitimately support their levels of play and that there are no clear risks factors in their profile. This is a requirement that aims to reduce the business risk and impact of those customers who are either not willing or able to to justify their source of funds as well as being able to prevent the use of the proceeds of crime.
- Work closely with the VIP Teams and Account Security Team to ensure that the source of funds for our customers is legitimate.
- Work closely with the Digital Responsible Gambling Team to ensure that when necessary customers are provided with the appropriate RG support
- Analyse betting, gaming, and payment transaction reports to detect and react to potential money laundering risks.
- Raise internal SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) to the AML Team Manager where suspicious money laundering activity has been identified for further consideration by the Group Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- In relation to AML or Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) issues - under the direction of the AML Team Manager - respond to requests for personal sensitive customer information from external third parties including Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Liaise with the Retail AML Team when appropriate to gather full details of cross product customer profiles.
- Attend the weekly Digital AML Customer Governance Meetings as required.
- In relation to AML & CTF issues - under the direction of the AML Team Manager - provide advice, respond to queries and act as a point of reference.
- Produce detailed and investigative customer reviews with clear, accurate and detailed case files where risk triggers are identified or internal thresholds are met.
- Any other duties commensurate to the post as designated by the AML Team Manager
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Must be detail orientated and analytical.
- Motivated, well organised, and accurate with a high attention to detail; experience of detailed, investigative and analytical working practices preferred
- "No stone unturned" approach to investigation and problem solving under pressure.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with key head office, Group, Divisional and international colleagues in data gathering to collect the best information and relay findings.
- Able to work on own initiative and to challenge processes where improvements could be made.
- Effective teamwork skills
- Proficient in MS Office - strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables, formulas) preferred.
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines and prioritise issues; experience of carrying out process driven procedures preferred.
- Good knowledge of the betting industry.
- AML knowledge and experience preferred.