1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer
1st & 2nd LINE SUPPORT ENGINEER
SALARY UP TO £32,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Our client is a long-established construction group with award winning, specialist, in-house divisions, delivering high quality projects for a wide range of prestigious clients. Some recent projects include Heathrow Terminal 4 and the new exhibition area within the Victoria and Albert Museum.
In 2017, our client was identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 to Inspire Britain. Due to continuing growth, they are looking to expand their IT team to help support their staff deliver complex projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work in a progressive company where you will utilise and broaden existing IT skills.
The 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer’s role is to support and maintain organisational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organisational hardware and equipment. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via work order) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the role of 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer involves the following tasks.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organisational needs.
- Conduct research on and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement efforts.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Construct, install, and test customised configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Collaborate with Technology team members and IT Partners to ensure efficient operation of the organisation’s computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails and/or work orders regarding desktop problems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Windows PC and at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role desirable.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience. Windows, SQL, HP servers.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Our client is committed to a safe working environment and their office and sites operate to industry leading Health and Safety standards.
- There is a physical nature of the role as occasionally there may be a requirement to lift and carry IT equipment, such as computers and peripherals.
- Willingness to travel to company sites, which may include other company locations and construction sites.
- Out of hours working if required
- Clean driving licence and car - desirable
Should you be interested in this excellent 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer role, please submit your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.