Cloud Platform Engineer
Title: Cloud Platform Engineer
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Berkshire, UK
About the Role
- The Cloud Platform Engineer (3rd Line) will be responsible for Clients’ on premise Private Cloud Infrastructure with responsibility for Building, Configuration, Automation, Operations, Maintenance and Continuous Improvement.
- Telefonica's IT Private Cloud is the platform upon which Clients’ most critical business applications reside and must deliver 99.999% availability. The Cloud Platform Engineer is accountable for ensuring that the platform meets the availability and performance target set out to deliver business critical services.
- This role is accountable for putting the customer at the forefront of everything that they do, ensuring that any decision made is in the best interest of the customer experience.
- This role works alongside the 3rd line Application, Network and Security functions and as a result the role holder will need to have deep and extensive understanding, knowledge and experience managing cloud environments across the core technologies.
- The Cloud Platform Engineer must be focused with a structured and disciplined approach with confidence to deal with challenging situations including effective internal and external communications.
- Build, Configure, Run and Operation of Clients’ business critical Redhat Openstack Cloud platform upon which Telefonica business critical applications reside, accountable for achieving 99.999% availability.
- As the leading technical resource for the Cloud Platform, make technical decisions that define the parameters for delivering the optimum performance and customer experience.
- Accountable for the performance of the cloud environment throughout its lifecycle, ensuring any the latest software, security patches and system upgrades are applied within defined SLA's.
- Constantly improve speed to market by ensuring continuous deployment through automation targeting 100% of day to day tasks being automated.
- Supporting the operation of Cloud platform components in test and production environments, working with 3rd parties as necessary to resolve problems.
- 5-10 years Linux administration experience, particularly in RedHat
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience building, configuring and operating a Redhat OpenStack cloud.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with high availability applications, monitoring, and logging tools
- Expert knowledge with virtualization technologies
- Experience with container-based technologies such as Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in developing Orchestration tools, automation tools using Ansible Tower.
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using Agile methodologies
- Previous experience in a DevOps environment